App-V 5.0 SQL installation RRS feed

• Question

• So I've been looking through the the guide obviously:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713452.aspx

And some blogs like this one:

http://kirxblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/remote-database-preparation-for-app-v-5/

I can live with running the App-V installer on my SQL Server to let the database pre deployment thing do its bit. But my concerns are as to install on an existing instance or create a new one just for App-V. Will these scripts alter the instance settings in any way or anything that could affect the existing databases on an instance?

Monday, December 3, 2012 2:22 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I am sorry, I have no idea what your time frame is and considering that this is a spare-time effort I can't really help you by reviewing them myself. Since noone has explicilty stated this and you do not wish to read and review anything - I guess you could take a leap of faith of try it in a development environment.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by Trana010 Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:02 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 9:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The scripts setup a database and permissions. if you feel that those are unsafe for your environment and need to review in detail what is happening - you could follow the second link and extract the scripts to review those yourself.

Monday, December 3, 2012 5:37 AM
  • I'm not working under that kind a time frame where I can take the time to review them, certainly not with my rusty SQL. Besides thats only part of it.

I know some systems simply do not play well together on the same SQL instance, like SCCM and SCOM (2007/2010) and how SCCM 2007 should be on the default instance and such. Thats more what I was looking for, if App-V 5.0 has any such concerns or requirements.

Monday, December 3, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Hello,

I am sorry, I have no idea what your time frame is and considering that this is a spare-time effort I can't really help you by reviewing them myself. Since noone has explicilty stated this and you do not wish to read and review anything - I guess you could take a leap of faith of try it in a development environment.

• Marked as answer by Trana010 Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:02 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 9:35 PM