How to set up iTunes with SteadyState RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just want to my notebook for a party with SteadyState. I've created a new user and the only app which is not blocked is iTunes.
    But when I'm logged on with this user, iTunes is not listed under "Programs". So I copied a shortcut in this profile and now I have
    iTunes on the desktop. But when I started it, a MSI will start but it's not allowed to run.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Greets
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi CTX911, thanks for the post. It seems to me that iTunes is probably not blocked by Windows SteadyState. What is the exact error message you receive? You can first try to elevate the account to administrator. If the issue still occurs, you can reinstall it and choose "for everyone on the computer" during installation.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, May 25, 2009 7:15 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:44 AM
  • Hi Sean Zhu,

Thanks for your answer. In meantime I solved my problem. I've turned off "Windows and Feature Restrictions" and allowed access to my local drives. Then I logged on with the user account created with SteadyState and started iTunes. Now I was able to configure iTunes as I wanted. After that I logged off and logged on with my normal (admin) account, run SteadyState again and set up my restrictions. Logged off again, logged on with my "SteadyState account" and now I was able to start iTunes and only iTunes.

I should think first next time ;o) !

• Marked as answer by CTX911 Monday, May 25, 2009 1:25 PM
    Monday, May 25, 2009 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi CTX911, thanks for the post. It seems to me that iTunes is probably not blocked by Windows SteadyState. What is the exact error message you receive? You can first try to elevate the account to administrator. If the issue still occurs, you can reinstall it and choose "for everyone on the computer" during installation.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, May 25, 2009 7:15 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:44 AM
  • Hi Sean Zhu,

Thanks for your answer. In meantime I solved my problem. I've turned off "Windows and Feature Restrictions" and allowed access to my local drives. Then I logged on with the user account created with SteadyState and started iTunes. Now I was able to configure iTunes as I wanted. After that I logged off and logged on with my normal (admin) account, run SteadyState again and set up my restrictions. Logged off again, logged on with my "SteadyState account" and now I was able to start iTunes and only iTunes.

I should think first next time ;o) !

• Marked as answer by CTX911 Monday, May 25, 2009 1:25 PM
    Monday, May 25, 2009 1:24 PM