none
Win 7 Enterprise; The specified server cannot perform the requested operation when trying to join domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I have some weirdness going on here and it's wrecking my head. I have a customer with a small network landscape. 1 server, 1 OU, Windows 2012 standard with 20 CALS. They only have 8 machines at the moment. 1 laptop was wiped out by ransomware. Scanned/cleaned the server and all clients.  I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ent. on the laptop, but when I try to join it to the domain, I get this "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation" error.  I have removed the machine from AD and DNS, and renamed the machine (all in separate operations). Verified that DNS is working properly with ipconfig and nslookup. I can join other machines to the domain without any problem (my service laptop native OS and two VMs on the laptop). Can't find anything of value in the event logs of the server or the client.  Can't find anything in support searches that don't relate to DNS errors or server replication errors.  I don't have DNS/DHCP errors, and there is no replication.

Many thanks,

Tim

Tim in Dublin

Monday, January 30, 2017 3:06 PM

All replies