embedded files in word doc, don't work after emailing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a large word doc Using Office 2016 (12mb) and I cut and pasted about 15 other word docs or pdf files into it.  On my computer, if I double click the image of the first page, the entire embedded doc opens up.  However, this doesn't work after I email it as an attachment to a number of recipients using Outlook. Is there another way to link these other documents so they work after the recipient saves it to their desktop?

Thanks

Jim

• Edited by Jiggar50 Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:56 PM
    Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

>>On my computer, if I double click the image of the first page, the entire embedded doc opens up.  However, this doesn't work after I email it as an attachment to a number of recipients using Outlook.

Do you mean you linked some other documents to the image in one specific .docx file? Where did you save these linked files?

When the file is opened on your computer, the linked path can be recognized on your computer. If you send the file to others, the linked path for the embedded documents may not be recognized for the recipients.

As a workaround, please try to save the linked file to a network shared path which can be available for your recipients, then link these files to this Word document, and sent it to Outlook recipients.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:35 AM