none
Add a secondary/LT dpmserver with TLS RRS feed

• Question

• We have a secondary dpm2012 that backs all datasources from three primary servers to disk and tape.

The LDM there is at 1800/2960 occupied slots, so it seems we need to setup a new secondary server?

Since the current server has a Tape Library connected to it, I suppose we need configure Tape Library Sharing to have two secondary dpm's using the TL.

The thing is that this technet-article says that its recommended for the dpm library server NOT to have any PG's configured. Im abit confused on how we should proceed here.

Ivarson

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The recommendation of having a dedicated library control server is only a "Best Practice" and is not a requirement.  Library sharing between two or more secondary DPM Servers should work fine.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:50 PM
  • ok, i see.

does it matter whether i set the old or the new dpmserver as tapeserver?

we have 3 to 1 relationship between our prim. dpms to our secondary, but have to switch to 1 to 1 cause of the amounts of datasources secondary.

in either way, i suppose that we loose possibility to do restores to original locations when we move secondary protection from one dpm to a new one

Ivarson

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:06 PM