none
Visio Timeline RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to make a simple timeline on Visio 2013.  I am using the straight line timline and the straight line milestone marker with the description at the top of the marker.  I would prefer to have the marker years appear at the bottom of the timeline.  I am not able to do this.  So I decided to put the date above the description of the milestone in YEAR format.  The timeline has a beginning and end date of 1910 to 2013. 

The years above the milestone descriptions keep changing as I move the marker so the text doesn't overlap.  I go back in to change the date and it won't stick.  For instance the date above the description is 1984, but I have to move the line over to the right so it doesn't bump into the marker to the left dated 1981.  The 1984 marker changes to a different date. 

Then all the dates of the previous timeline page (it's long so it's more than one page) changed from the year to 01/01/1910 and so on.

Ideally I would like to just have one year under the timeline (years are sporadic) and not have one above the milestone description. Spending waaaaaaay to much time on what I would think would be a simple task. HELP!!!!

Friday, August 23, 2013 2:08 PM

All replies

• Leevh19 --

Does this question have anything to do with Microsoft Project, a project management application?  I searched the text of your post, and there is not even a single work about projects.  If this is about Microsoft Project, please elaborate further.  If not, I would suggest you repost this question in a public user forum dedicated to questions about Microsoft Visio.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:27 PM