Service Requests - User Input section missing under "My Requests" in SCSM HTML5 portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've installed SCSM 2016 along with the portal, and created several Service Requests (Request Offerings) and published them to portal. Issue is that a user can not see his inputs (answers) to the questions he answered in the portal. When opening the portal and trying to explore his requests (under "My Requests"), all what's shown is the SR Title, description, Action Log, and Activities. "User Inputs" section is missing.

Is this a normal behavior?

Thanks,

Alaa

Monday, January 16, 2017 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi

The normal behavior in the User Inputs section is to show a dialog box to add a comment and one to add attachments.

It is is not designed to show the answers to the questions, but rather as a way for the user to add a comment or attachment to the existing job.  

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, February 6, 2017 9:07 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:07 PM
  • Hi AQ83,

It is not supported customization however potentially it is possible to do. 

Into requestdetails.chtml add the following line of code.

if (requestEntry.ContainsKey("UserInput"))
    {                  <h2>UserInput</h2>                      @requestEntry["UserInput"]           
    }

After that you will have xml representation of the field UserInput. You can do parsing and formatting using javascript to produce the table.

Or you can try our portal :) We have this field on the request details out of the box.

---

Try our Advanced Self Service Portal for Analyst and End User.

www.scsmanalystportal.com

• Edited by Michael Sm Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:51 PM