none
Drive mapping using Group Policy user is a part of group that allows mapping of two drives under a same letter

Question

• Has anyone ever been in a situation where a user is a part of group-membership that allows mapping of two or more drives under a same letter for example \\contoso.com\TAX and \\contoso.com\HR are mapped under drive letter K

What has been happening so far is one overrides the other and  i only get one drive mapped under K unless i use "use first available starting at" which assigns any first available letter if there is a conflict of drive letters

We have been using a logon script and the in the same Serrano as above the drive letter would map to another drive letter that is defined in the logon script sample below 

IF INGROUP ("LON-HR")

use K: \\contoso.com\HR

IF INGROUP ("LON-TAX")

use K: \\contoso.com\TAX

I just need to know what options do i have apart from the "use first available starting at" which assigns any available letter which will cause a confusion among users

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:30 PM

Answers

• The options I see are:

1.  Different drive letter for each share

2. Use First Available starting at

3.  Use logon scripts to impart logic that if in two groups, map one to K: and one to L:

• Marked as answer by Fzamee Wednesday, August 26, 2015 9:05 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:22 PM