none
when we synch data from AD to FIM Portal 2010 r2 the data is not updates in FIM Portal. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When we synch data from AD to FIM Portal 2010 r2 the data is not updates in FIM Portal.

Active directory attribute co have value vietnam but in FIM Portal country attribute have value VIET NAM

we simply mapped AD Attribite to FIM Attribute for inbound

co===>country

why this happen

Regards

Anil Kumar

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Anil,

Check Following :

1:) Go to FIM Sync Service manager >> FIMMA properties >> Select Attributes (make sure "co" is selected)

2:) Go to FIM Sync Service manager >> FIMMA properties >> CONFIGURE ATTRIBUTE FLOW (make sure you have an IMPORT entry for CO attribute )

3:) If the above is all set - go to  Go to FIM Sync Service manager >>  MetaVerse Desinger >> Select CO and "Configure Attribute Flow Precedence" . AD MA should be on Top  or set it to equal .

Cheers!!

Hitesh

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:05 AM
  • Hi Anil,

If in the portal the value is VIETNAM and you are expecting it to be updated to vietnam (where the only difference is the case of the value) unfortunately it will fail because of a bug in FIM.  For some reason if the only change is the case of the value it just doesn't do the update.

The only real workaround I've found is to update the values in the portal to something else such as 'vietnam change me', and then on the next sync run it should be updated to the value from AD - this of course depends on what your attribute precedence is set to.

This thread has a rather lengthy discussion about the issue!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b97eef79-0045-4048-a9c9-6a4c28ff7b74/exportedchangenotreimported-on-fim-ma-import?forum=ilm2

Cheers,

Andrew.

• Edited by Andrew Silcock Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:52 PM spelling
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:51 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

I know there is no difference between Vietnam and VIETNAM but my problem is Active Directory have without any space value like Vietnam after synchronized with FIM Portal,FIM Portal Country attribute have Space between VIET NAM.this is the main problem why is this not updated in FIM Portal

Regards

Anil Kumar

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Anil, please check what do you have in metaverse. It seems that you have attribute flow precedence configured in a way that doesn't export to FIM Portal.

Let's say you have flows like:

• (AD MA)
    • Import flow: (AD) description -> (metaverse) description
    • (FIM MA)
    • Import flow (FIM) description -> (metaverse) description
    • Export flow (FIM) description <- (metaverse) description

And you have higher precedence from FIM. Then, you would never have FIM value updated - even if value in AD changes. It would be exported to FIM only when you don't have this attribute filled in FIM.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:59 AM