Mysterious Lync 2013/UM dial tone problem? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Lync 2013 deployment with 1 front end server and 1 edge server. We have 2 Exchange 2010 servers, only 1 is enabled for UM.

I did a fresh Lync 2013 install 2 weeks ago and we've been running with no UM issues since then. Today voicemail mysteriously went down. Now calls (in/ext) play a busy tone when they are supposed to go to voicemail.  I tried disabling UM for my mailbox then re-enabling it. This not only didn't fix the issue, but made it worse as now whenever I call my extension from external it plays the busy tone as soon as it tries to connect to my extension.

This came pretty much out of no where. I haven't done anything to Exchange or UM settings in the last week. I even received a voicemail 4 hours before this problem was brought up.

The only Lync related work I've done today was adding new (and not removing old) SANs to the FE cert and the internal edge cert as I am working on getting mobility working. I was also working on federation with a client of ours. None of these things should have impacted Exchange UM. I've already gone back to my previous certs and the problem is still there.

What happened to my UM?! I should note my auto attendant is still connecting when our number is dialed and it still transfers to extensions correctly with the exception of my account.

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:49 PM

All replies

• Found out the issue was caused by an expired Exchange cert. I had a cert only for UM services and it had expired and been disassociated. Didnt think of this at first since the auto attendant was still functioning.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:57 PM