Skype for Business Online Client does not refresh Outlook Calendar information, other than upon app launch. Presence is not being updated. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been in touch with Microsoft Office 365 support regarding this question, but unfortunately, they were not of much assistance.  The problem I am experiencing is with on-prem Exchange and O365 Skype for Business.  The SfB Client seems to only poll Outlook Calendar information upon the initial launch of the client application.  If another meeting is scheduled afterwards, the user's presence status will not change to reflect that they are in a meeting.  If we quit the SfB client and reopen it, it seems to refresh that calendar information and then will immediately update the client status to "In a Meeting".  

Our previous on-prem Skype For Business implementation was able to do this just fine.  From what I am being told by O365 Support, this is just the way things are right now and there is not a work-around.  This is pretty much a deal-breaker for my organization and I'm dumbfounded why there isn't a way to configure the Web Service Poll Interval or the Calendar State Publication Interval with SfB Online.  

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a workaround they'd like to share or any tips/tricks to get this to work?  

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:30 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

If the issue only appeared on the specific SFB client, please try the following steps:
    1. Delete SFB cache files: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com.
    2. Repair Office.
    3. Make sure your SFB client with the latest update.

If all users had this issue, please try to press Ctrl and right click Lync icon in the taskbar, open configuration information. On the open page check if EWS status and MAPI status are OK. If EWS is not deployed, please refer to the following document to deploy it
    http://communicationsknowledge.blogspot.sg/2013/07/exchange-web-services-was-not-showing.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

You could check the integration between SFB online and Exchange on premise, for details, please refer to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/2614242/how-to-integrate-exchange-server-2013-with-lync-server-2013,-skype-for-business-online,-or-a-lync-server-2013-hybrid-deployment

Moreover, because our forum is about SFB on premise only, so suggest you monitor the ticket with SFB online team, thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, April 7, 2017 9:15 AM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Hi John,

Have you resolved the issue?

If the solution is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer because it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 7:26 AM
  • Hi John,

If issue remains after that, try;

Import Skype client contacts

Remove SIP account from LyncAdmin console

Add SIP account back to Lync

Configure Lync account

IT should work... :)

• Proposed as answer by Kapil_Vats Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:53 PM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:53 PM
  • Hi,

Do you firewall on or Antivirus ?

Please check its not blocking communication with your Server.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:51 PM