none
FIM 2010 performance testing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm looking for information on FIM load testing and the best way to achieve this?

Currently FIM allows users to logon to the FIM portal and update some attributes (i.e. phone number) which are then updated in AD by the synchronisation service (setup for an automated sync to run every 5 minutes).

What I'd like to know if how would my environment cope with 30, 100 or 1000 users simultaneously access the portal and attempting to update an AD attribute?

I've read the documentation which gives sizing examples and guidelines, but doesn't detail how to simulate a significant workload.

Please advise.

Thanks

IT Support/Everything

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi

If you want to test performance all the way from the user interface then you will need to use some professional software/user interface testing solutions - I don't have experience using any of them with FIM so cannot recommend any of them.

If you are able to accept testing one layer lower you can easily access FIM Service by using powershell (some examples of bulk load by the powershell http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff720152(v=WS.10).aspx) (or some custom code using FIM Resource Management Client). But then you will test load on FIM Service which is one layer below the UI (not the user interface).

In case you want to just test Synchronization part then you can load as much changes as you want into the portal and start synchronization after that measuring how long will it take in comparison to runs when you loaded different number of data.

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

• Proposed as answer by Borys Majewski Monday, September 29, 2014 3:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aetius2012 Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:24 PM
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 9:55 PM