none
Change all AD users lock screen in Windows 10 1809 using Windows Server 2012 R2 STD GPO RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to Change all AD users lock screen in Windows 10 1809 using Windows Server 2012 R2 STD  GPO

I have enabled it using the correct GPO. The GPO is the following:

Group Policy settingComputer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Force a specific default lock screen image and gave the full UNC path of the image file

The same group policy updated the Client PC windows 10 Build 1809. Reg key also updated as per GPO

I have run the result many times and this is what is in the applied GPO,  it's still showing my old lock screen image.

Pls suggest me if any other setting need to enable 

Friday, August 16, 2019 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Do you mean the following registry key has the correct value? Please try to check it.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Wallpaper
    or
    HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper

Also do you have saved your wallpaper in the shared path and ensure the folder with read access to everyone.

Please try to delete below file and log off/log on I can see the desktop wallpaper automatically changed on Windows 10.

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper

You can use the bat script to delete it and apply the script with the logoff script group policy.

Best regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Friday, September 6, 2019 12:26 PM