Recall message grayed out in shared mail box for admin? RRS feed

• Question

• I have office 2016 client and accounts on office 365. I am the admin for shared mailbox and full access but I cannot recall the sent item. 

recall option showing grayed out. How to enable this?

ItsMeSri SP 2013 Foundation

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you have full access to the shared mailbox, and you'd like to recall the sent items but the option showing grayed out, right? If I misunderstand, please feel free to let me know.

In this case, please check how you opened this shared mailbox in Outlook client, as additional mailbox or as a second account.

Generally, we cannot recall messages sent through shared accounts. Recall only works if the account is opened as an account in Outlook. If the account was added to your profile as a secondary mailbox or as a managed or shared mailbox, recall is disabled, even if you have Send as permission on the mailbox.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 2:54 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:51 AM