Office 2013 APP-V Tips and Tricks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I got Office 2013 working with APP-V 5.0 Sp2 and rolling it out globally. 

Out of the box nothing goes wrong, but i'm testing a lot and whenever I unpublish and do not delete the old programdata directory my computers go nuts. 

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for troubleshooting the Office 2013 APP-V Package? 

For Example I unpublished the Office 2013 APP-V package because I needed to update it with a connection group and add an excel plugin. After I updated the excel plugin and connection group, the connection group was configured succesfully. Whenever I try to open Office 2013 on a already used account it won't start without an error message. 

When I log in as as different user everything goes fine. 

However everything i'm trying to fix this for a particular user on the computer fails. 

Manually removing the packages gives an error. Something with a rollback error. Really strange. 

Does anyone have tips and tricks on rolling out App-v and publishing/unpublishing the application and modifying application connection groups. 

This is driving me bananas because we have a dynamic changing environment. Out of the box it works fine but don't try to change anything because the computer goes nuts. 

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:31 PM

Answers

• What would be the correct commando to unpublish and remove the appv-clientpackage from the machine without any error message and the globally published office 2013 application? 
    Get-AppvClientPackage -name *office* -all | Stop-AppvClientPackage | Repair-AppvClientPackage | Unpublish-AppvClientPackage | Remove-AppvClientPackage

Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:45 PM

All replies

• FYI this error message for example, and our packagescripting is set to true (1).

The extended attributes are inconsistent.. Because Rollback is set to true in the script definition, the current AppV Client operation was rolled back.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:33 PM
  • So I found out this value:     <Wait RollbackOnError="true" Timeout="30"/>

So if I perform the remove-appvclientpackage command I guess it sticks on this because something in the script goes wrong but how do I found out what goes wrong? 

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:48 PM
  • What would be the correct commando to unpublish and remove the appv-clientpackage from the machine without any error message and the globally published office 2013 application? 
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:50 PM
  • What tool do you currently use for managing your App-V applications?

Are you trying to do this manually? If you look at the application through the client gui or with a get-appvclientpackage, does it show that the application is in use by any chance?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:25 PM
    Get-AppvClientPackage -name *office* -all | Stop-AppvClientPackage | Repair-AppvClientPackage | Unpublish-AppvClientPackage | Remove-AppvClientPackage

Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:45 PM
  • Thanks! I will try this in our testing environment.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:00 PM
  • How will this command be when the application is in a Connection group. Do I first need to run a command to remove the connection group? 
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:09 AM