none
Recent security patch on IE9 now blocking access/run of Java application RRS feed

• Question

• After a recent cumulative security update for IE9, my download manager has started "blocking" my desktop shortcut to open and run my broker trading platform.  VERY ANNOYING - thanks Microsoft!

Previously, the link opened a browser window to my broker for login, then just downloaded their latest version "JNLP" application and ran it.  No problem.

Now, the infamous download manager steps in and requires not one, but TWO steps of "Save" then "Open" prompts.   The drop-down "Save and Open" option is even grayed out and not a choice.   Also, since I run this application multiple times (per day sometimes), I end up with dozens of copies of the downloaded file on my system.  In other words, it doesn't even put it "temporary internet" files for easy cleanup afterwards.

I have turned off every "security feature" I can reasonably find in IE that might affect this, and added all of my broker's URLs to my "trusted zone" with minimal customized security settings.

Does anyone here have any ideas how to turn this new "feature" off?  My patience with IE is just about exhausted (not to mention WIn7 - grin).

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you think this issue is related to this update, I suggest you perform the system restore before installing this update.

And you can hide this update with the following steps:

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2. In the left pane, click Check for updates.

3. When Windows finds updates for your computer, do one of the following:

Click the link that tells you important updates are available if you have important updates to hide.

Click the link that tells you optional updates are available if you have optional updates to hide.

4. Right-click the update, and then click Hide update. The next time you check for updates, the update won't be automatically selected or installed.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:46 AM