locked
On-premise sharepoint login error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I try to connect my onpremise sharepoint but always red triangel I tryed farm admin, site admin, but still same. How can we fix this issue?

    Thanks


    MCT

    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:52 PM

All replies

  • Hello Fatih,

    Please provide the site url as http://sitename instead of http://sitename/sitepages/home.aspx.  

    Thanks - Hari

    Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:08 PM
  • Unfortunately still same.

    MCT

    Monday, February 19, 2018 9:17 AM
  • I had the same problem, it worked after I removed http:\\ from the link. Hope this helps
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:34 AM
  • I am having the same problem; 'invalid SharePoint on-premise credential' for what a certainly admin creds on the entire site collection.

    I did try the posted solutions:

    - ensure that the URL does not include a page name at the end

    - remove the protocol prefix (http://) from the URL

    I happen to be using the new version; SharePoint Migration Tool - v2.0.99.0 running on Windows 10.

    Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:36 PM
  • Hi

    Did you try

    domainname\userlogin (From SharePoint On Premise)  and not   "userlogin@..."
    password

    It's works for me actually.


    • Edited by _Farfalla_ Friday, May 4, 2018 2:19 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 2:19 PM
  • I'm running the same version and haven't had any issues connecting.  My account is a farm admin account.  Are you able to access this site under the same set of credentials?  I would definitely leave off the sitespage/home.aspx part of the URL.  Are you able to access a subsite if there is one or a different site collection with the same creds too?  I've also been able to use my samAccount and email for authentication.
    Friday, May 4, 2018 5:45 PM
  • For what its worth, I'm getting similar issue using v2.0.991 in that I can log in ok initially, I then do a migration run (that happens to fail), then if I try to re-run the migration my login is not accepted (even though its identical to the one that worked on the first migration run!).

    The only solution I have found so far is to reboot the source (SP2013) server. Once rebooted SPMT will log into it fine.

    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:46 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback.

    When you meet any issue during migration data from SharePoint 2013 to SPO.

    Please share everything under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\admin@XXXX.onmicrosoft.com\WF_XXXXX folder to Migration dev servicing migration_team@microsoft.com.

    We would like to work with you to address the issue encountered in your migration.


    Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:48 AM