none
Parser: The end of the input was reached. RRS feed

• Question

• I get this error when I try to create a Chart report from PP07 dashboard designer.  I'm created the report by keying in the MDX in the query tab. When I go to the designer I see this error. I have tested the MDX in BIDS and it works fine. Strangely when the report is deployed, it works fine when I view the dashboard from the preview site.

The query for this view is not valid. Contact the author of this view to fix this problem.
    Parser: The end of the input was reached.

After this message the designer is not available for use.

Is this a bug with the product ?

Attached is the MDX

SELECT FILTER([Time].[Fiscal Month].Children,<<Parameter1_Time>>)
    ON COLUMNS,
    CROSSJOIN(<<Parameter3_FS>>,
    { [Measures].[Net Revenue], [Measures].[Engagement Margin] }) ON ROWS
    FROM [WIP]
    WHERE <<Parameter2_Currency>>
    Monday, November 26, 2007 5:28 AM

Answers

• Finally found out how to get rid of the parser exception in design mode. The parser throws exception when parameters are defined without a default value. By providing a default value, the parameters get a valid value and the annoying exceptions disappear.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:10 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Ben,

Did you have tested the query without the parameters?

Best Regards,

Fabio

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:00 AM
  • Fabio,

The mdx works fine in management studio. What's strange is the report works fine when deployed. I even added a filter to the dashboard and linked to this report and tested the report it works fine. Just that the designer throws up this exception.

Monday, December 3, 2007 11:42 PM
  • Hello BenAust,

The reason for the error being thrown in the dashboard designer but not when its deployed could be because of the 3 Application Pool Identities for PerformancePoint could be different. The 3 application pools are PPSMonitoringCentral, PPSMonitoringPreview and PPSMonitoringWebService. The dashboard designer connects to the data source with the account running the PPSMonitoringWebService application pool. When you preview the dashboard it connects to the data source using the account running the PPSMonitoringPreview application pool. If this is the issue, there are a few solutions. You could using the same account to run all the application pools or you could give the account running the PPSMonitoringWebService application pool access to the data source.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Thursday, December 6, 2007 5:09 PM
  • hi Jon, I had a look. Both the application pools - PPSMonitoringPreview and PPSMonitoringWebService are using the same account (Network Service).

Friday, December 7, 2007 12:41 AM
  • Hello BenAust,

Have you tried running that MDX without the parameters in it? It could be that the dashboard designer isn't using the parameters correctly.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:17 PM
  • Jon,

You might be right. When I created a new Analytic Chart using the same MDX but with the parameters substituted by actual values, the designer did not throw exception.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 9:23 PM
  • Finally found out how to get rid of the parser exception in design mode. The parser throws exception when parameters are defined without a default value. By providing a default value, the parameters get a valid value and the annoying exceptions disappear.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:10 AM
  • I had same problem - forgot to put an "END" at the end of a CASE statement in the status expression.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 11:10 AM