none
Failure to "Set Server Defaults" - Reporting Services 2005 Integration with SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have one box where everything's working fine.  It's set up with everything on 1 box: SharePoint 2007, SQL Server 2005, Reporting Services (set up in Integrated mode), plus the RS Add-in.  My reports are done in Visual Studio 2005 (on a different box) and I can upload them no problem.  I can administer the reports from Central Admin, add the Report Viewer control to pages, view reports, the whole deal. Life is perfect.

However, this isn't real world so now I have a second box that only has SharePoint and the RS add-in for it, and which will use the first box's SQL Server and Reporting Services configuration.  On box 2, in Central Admin, I can "Manage integration settings" and "Grant database access" successfully, but when I click the link for "Set server defaults", I get this:

"An unexpected error occured while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode. --> Server was unable to process request.  --> The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."

In RS Config Manager, I am using the NT Authority\NetworkService account for the ASP .NET Service Account
    In Central Admin/Manage integration settings, I'm using Windows Auth.

So one question: On Box 1, via Central Admin, I have certain things typed into the RS sections "Manage integration settings" and "Grant database access".  Can't I type the same entries in the same place but on Box 2?

I have scoured the web for various things that have all failed, including this: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1379070&SiteID=17

Any ideas?  What else do you need to know to help?

Thanks.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 6:22 PM

All replies