Opening Word Files via WebDav from Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I need your help! Since two weeks we experience a strange behaviour on our Windows XP SP3 (latest patches) Clients.
    Some of our uses want to open a Doc-File from a WebDav Directory. Files from their are published via Sharepoint 2010 in the background.
    Assume they open the Windows Explorer an type the address as follows: \\servername\directory\subdirectory then they double clicke the Word-File.
    Now Word 2003 is opening it says "Downloading from ... the http path" from now on it will spend 10 minutes until the file has been openend.
    As well sometime the download window appears only for some secondes and word remains hunging. It seems thats not effecting all users.
    I tried several things: by passing the proxy, change registry settings to the Windows WebClient,
    playin around with user rights, stopping the Anti-Virus Engine. Everything no effect. May you can help me :-(.

Update:

I figured out that AT&T Global Network Client is the root-cause.
    As soon as I stop the services everything is working fine.
    Anyone an idea how to implement a workaround?

Regards from Germany

Alex

• Moved by William Zhou CHN Friday, July 22, 2011 5:25 AM (From:Word IT Pro Discussions)
    • Moved by Rock Wang– MSFT Friday, July 22, 2011 6:03 AM The issue is related to network connection service. (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

If figured out that AT&T Global Network Client is the root-cause, we cannot provide any workaround from Office,

For query regarding AT&T Global Network Client, you can post your question to AT&T Global Network Client Forum below for further help

http://attnetclient.com/forum/

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely

William Zhou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 6:36 AM