how to show SharePoint custom column in Win Explore RRS feed

• Question

• I have a network drive mapped to a SharePoint library which has a custom column.  But the win explorer does not show custom columns. Is there a way to get the column and its value to appear in Win Explorer?

Thanks for any tip!

Friday, April 22, 2016 5:13 PM

Answers

• Windows Explorer is only showing as files like any other applications. You need to open it or redirect users to open it with specific application or through webpage.
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:41 PM
  • Hi QuickLaunch,

All the possible columns are listed here.

If that option is not listed here, I am afraid we have to use the specific application or through webpage as Cyber_Defend_Team pointed out.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Friday, April 29, 2016 2:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Friday, May 6, 2016 12:09 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2016 6:03 AM

All replies

• Windows Explorer is only showing as files like any other applications. You need to open it or redirect users to open it with specific application or through webpage.
    Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:41 PM
  • Hi QuickLaunch,

All the possible columns are listed here.

If that option is not listed here, I am afraid we have to use the specific application or through webpage as Cyber_Defend_Team pointed out.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Friday, April 29, 2016 2:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Friday, May 6, 2016 12:09 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2016 6:03 AM