none
Internet connections to specfic RRS feed

• Question

• I am traveling in Vietnam and even though I can get onto the internet and access Hotmail, agoda i cannot access Facebook or BBC sites such as radio weather etc. This has only occured in the last few days previously it was working fine. I can access Facebook if I use the hotels computer. Any ideas on how to solve this???
    Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:18 PM

All replies

• cannot access Facebook or BBC sites such as radio weather etc.

Refine the symptom description.  "Cannot access" may only mean you have a poorly performing DNS but IE does not provide any way of dealing with such a problem.   (I am still unsure whether there is anywhere in Windows which can provide a tweak for that but so far it appears nothing simple that an end user could try, perhaps something that a programmer could use via an API.)  In that case there are workarounds that you could try such as using an IP address but often that won't help because the site wants you to use only a host name to access it.  Catch 22.

Facebook may be an interesting example to try diagnosing.  E.g. my nslookup shows that the first address offered is an IPv6 one, so that might be an additional symptom to try to work around.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, December 8, 2013 4:55 PM