Windows 8 Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Windows 8 Enterprise 64 from Tech Net.  I was not asked to put in a key during the activation.  I do have my key from Tech Net but when I try to activate windows it tells me that no Key Management Service is available.  All I want to do is to activate this copy of Windows * to get rid of the ghost in the lower right hand corner that tells me Activate Windows  -  Go to PC Settings to activate Windows.  How can I fix this problem?
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:35 PM

Answers

•   This question has been asked (and answered) many times. Enterprise tries to activate using a KMS because most enterprises run a KMS. If you want to activate manually, use slmgr from an elevated command prompt. Type slmgr and press return to see the commands available.

Bill

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, October 29, 2012 8:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, October 29, 2012 8:05 AM
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:14 PM
  • Hi,

To active Windows 8 Enterprise with you key from technet

Run an elevated CMD window and execute slmgr.vbs -ipk "YOUR_PRODUCT_KEY". Now you can use the activation wizard found in the control panel.

Revue du Geek | Astuces pour déployer Windows 7

Friday, October 26, 2012 11:35 AM

All replies

•   This question has been asked (and answered) many times. Enterprise tries to activate using a KMS because most enterprises run a KMS. If you want to activate manually, use slmgr from an elevated command prompt. Type slmgr and press return to see the commands available.

Bill

Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:14 PM
  • Hi,

To active Windows 8 Enterprise with you key from technet

Run an elevated CMD window and execute slmgr.vbs -ipk "YOUR_PRODUCT_KEY". Now you can use the activation wizard found in the control panel.

Revue du Geek | Astuces pour déployer Windows 7

Friday, October 26, 2012 11:35 AM
  • If this problem has been asked many times, then its obvious the documentation for enterprise is not clear.
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:51 PM