none
Why did my PC restart - when deploying image on specific model only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a very strange issue, when trying to deploy image to a specific model, after the image is applied and reboot, the computer get the "Why did my PC restart?" error,

It doesn't happen with any other model we have,
    I already added driver injection to the model and see in the bdd.log that it receive the drivers,
    and it also happen when the task sequence is configured not to inject any driver at all,

How can this issue be troubleshooted?

what could cause such behavior?

Thanks,

Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:06 AM

All replies

• Any advise how this can be troubleshooted will really help,

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, April 29, 2018 7:28 AM
  • I have noticed the below:
    1) all other models working OK
    2) specific model does not work - get the "Why did my PC restart" error after the image is applied
    3) if I reimage the specific image via MDT but select to join it to workgroup instead to the domain, the image is successfull

I think it doesn't make any sense, but this is the situation, tested it several times,

I think it shouldn't be something with a GPO because if there was a problem with the GPO it should have affected all other models,
    but from the other hand, if that specific model is not getting joined to the domain the reimage is successful,

How can this be troubleshooted??

Thanks,

Monday, April 30, 2018 2:45 PM
  • Just to get this straight - the issue occurs during the specialize phase (i.e. when Windows is initializing services, goes through Plug-and-Play and installs drivers, etc) before first auto logon? In this case, you will need to go through setupact and setuperr Panther log files. I ran into a similar issue a while back and wrote a blog post about the troubleshooting process: https://vacuumbreather.com/index.php/blog/item/62-the-case-of-just-a-moment Lemme know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 12:00 PM