none
SCCM 2012 SP1 fails to install OSD of Captured Image RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows Server 2012, Visual Studio Pro 2008, 2010, 2012 and SQL Server 2012 onto a machine. Configured the settings on Windows Server 2012 and SQL 2012 to how the Developers requested to be configured. Ran the Capture Media from SCCM 2012 SP1, saved to the designated network share. Capture was successful.

I create a TS to deploy the image to the other Dev Servers but it reboots to say no valid operating system found. I checked Monitoring for the Deployment I see the Task sequence but has the following error: Device - Unknown, MessageID - 11170, Description - The task sequence manager could not successfully complete execution of the task sequence.

I see in the Apply Operation System from a captured image shows 1-1, 2-2, or 3-3. Does it matter which one I select and if so what does the numbers mean?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Blacksuit,

Those numbers of the captured image stand for the indexes that are part of your WIM.  And yes, it does matter which one you select.  In the ConfigMgr console, go to your Software Library > Operating Systems > Operating System Images and select the image you imported into ConfigMgr.  Then at the bottom, click the Details tab to display your indexes.  The index that contains your OS will have an OS Version and a description.  The other indexes will be data images and not contain any information in the Details tab.  You'll need to choose the index (number) that contains the OS for the Apply OS step.  To apply the data image indexes, use the Apply Data Image task sequence step and specify the partitions to apply the images too before the Apply OS step.

Good luck!

-Matt 

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Blacksuit,

Those numbers of the captured image stand for the indexes that are part of your WIM.  And yes, it does matter which one you select.  In the ConfigMgr console, go to your Software Library > Operating Systems > Operating System Images and select the image you imported into ConfigMgr.  Then at the bottom, click the Details tab to display your indexes.  The index that contains your OS will have an OS Version and a description.  The other indexes will be data images and not contain any information in the Details tab.  You'll need to choose the index (number) that contains the OS for the Apply OS step.  To apply the data image indexes, use the Apply Data Image task sequence step and specify the partitions to apply the images too before the Apply OS step.

Good luck!

-Matt 

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:47 AM
  • Matt,

Thanks a lot for making that clear to me. I see the index# 2 has the OS Version and the rest blank. Let me correct that issue and I will confirm resolution.

Friday, August 16, 2013 2:05 PM
  • That worked for me!
    Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:04 AM
  • Really Thanks!!!
    Monday, October 13, 2014 7:53 PM