Missing Password Field in Outlook Mail Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Outlook to check the email in my primary non-Google email account, but also in two gmail accounts. The gmail accounts prompt me to enter their passwords manually each time, and when I try to re-program ('change') them to remember their passwords, no field appears where I can enter the passwords. How can I get that field to come back so I won't have to re-enter the passwords in Outlook every time I check for email?
    Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What' the type of your accounts? POP, IMAP?

>>  no field appears where I can enter the passwords. 
    Do you mean the situation shown below?

If this is the case, please try checking the box of "Remember password" then type your password.
    If not, please provide me with the screenshot about your issue.

Besides, it is suggested to remove and re-add your account to your Outlook client.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 3, 2019 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 8:00 AM