MDT Deployment Failed Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using MDT 2012 Update 1 with Windows ADK and Server 2012 to try and deploy an image.

It seems to go through, reaches near 100% I believe, but then shoots back a message about 7 errors.

I've zipped the log files and have added a link to them here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2p4o6c4ocvw5ec/PC-AL3.zip

Would appreciate it if anyone could please help me solve this issue because I'm hitting a brick wall at the moment.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:19 PM

All replies

• First, when posting log files, please clean out the product key. When a product key is set via the rules (Customsettings.ini) it is visible in the logs.

Other than that the logs do indicate many drivers missing so it could be that, or possibly the customized partioning, or issues in the (quite large) ref image. Download the Dell Windows 7 x64 driver cab file for Optiplex 760

For troubleshooting you can do the following:

1. To rule out driver issues, deploy to a virtual machine (Hyper-V or VMWare Workstation)
    2. To rule out ref-image issues, rename your CAPTURE.WIM, and copy the default install.wim to the same folder, and give it the name CAPTURE.WIM (case sensitive)
    3. To rule out partitioning issues, create a new task sequence with no customizations.

/ Johan

Regards / Johan Arwidmark Twitter: @jarwidmark Blog: http://www.deploymentresearch.com FB: www.facebook.com/deploymentresearch

• Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:09 PM
  • Thanks for replying and letting me know about the product key. I removed the logs file for now.

I made a thick image with all the drivers and programs I wanted installed to a reference Optiplex 760 and then added my deployment share as a network drive (Z:) and launched the LiteTouch.vbs script to sysprep and capture it as an image.

Would I still need to inject the drivers in this case even though the reference image has all of the drivers for Optiplex 760 installed already?

I will try the troubleshooting steps you've mentioned, thanks.

• Edited by chron0 Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:03 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:03 PM
  • Yes, by default sysprep deletes any added drivers (unless you tell it not to), and you should be using a virtual machine (Hyper-V or VMware) when creating the reference image.

/ Johan

Regards / Johan Arwidmark Twitter: @jarwidmark Blog: http://www.deploymentresearch.com FB: www.facebook.com/deploymentresearch

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:39 AM
  • have you found a solution to this issue?  Im having the same exact issue.  ( Log file is exactly the same )

I did notice one thing, I can deploy the same image and task sequence on 2 different machines just fine, however the 3rd gives me the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm about to pull out my damn hair on this one!

Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:57 PM
  • I am having the same problem with my deployments.  Have there been any updates??
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:53 PM