Microsoft Life Cam 1.1/ Epson Stylus Photo R240 Printer RRS feed

• General discussion

• My Microsoft Life Cam worked well on my XP, so I have tried to install on my laptop with Vista. No such luck, it does not want to know. Same as my printer Epson Photo R240. All it does is throw them back at me. Just recently purchased both items.

Does this mean that we will have to purchase new printers and webcams to work with Vista. Not all of us are rolling in money! 

Sunday, April 1, 2007 7:02 PM

All replies

• Even I am also facing the same problem that u have mentioned.

Doesnt VISTA really doesnt support Microsoft Webcam.

Have u found a solutionn to ur problem.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 9:54 AM
  • I just bought a Life Cam 1.1 in a box that says: "Works Great with Windows Vista"....

and guess?

It does NOT! Disappointing!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 7:00 PM
  • We still have the same problem and no help so far: new laptop, Vista, webcam not working. Its sad.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 9:02 PM
  • My Microsoft Life Cam worked well on my XP, but not on Vista. I try to install updates, but am referred to Microsoft web page, but there LifeCam 1.1 is not listed.

Friday, July 11, 2008 6:55 PM
  • hi im new to this so sorry if ive done it wrong,

i have a microsoft life cam 1.1 and my driver disc is damaged  and i cannot istall my cam  as i have re booted my pc

im running windows xp

can anyone help me locate the driver  download

thanks gary  

Gill Whitten wrote:

My Microsoft Life Cam worked well on my XP, so I have tried to install on my laptop with Vista. No such luck, it does not want to know. Same as my printer Epson Photo R240. All it does is throw them back at me. Just recently purchased both items.

Does this mean that we will have to purchase new printers and webcams to work with Vista. Not all of us are rolling in money! 

Sunday, August 31, 2008 5:53 PM
  • I'm having the same problem with installing my microsoft lifecam 1.1 on vista. Like was stated in the other messages, it worked great in XP. If anyone finds the download, let me know and I'll do the same. btw, my printer installed just fine. AND my creative webcam installed with no

problem.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:56 PM