none
FILE PICKER UI HOST FREEZING: ( Numerous Win 10 Pro SE (aka Anniversary) RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed a huge volume of devices - Surface, Laptop, PC Desktop (as it is with mine) - everyone has been coming to me pertaining to the File Picker not working or popping up multiple UI Hosts (instead of one - I can confirm). ALL ARE WINDOWS 10 PROS - all are Second Edition or Anniversary Edition - none have creator's.

1.     Surface 3 and 4
    2. Laptops - including Alienware
    3.        PC Desktop (1 with Intel Graphics and 4 (including mine) with nVIDIA graphics)

TOTAL DEVICES EFFECTED: 48 devices here (As of today there are now 53 devices)

ATTEMPTS TO POSSIBILITY FIX OR REPAIR CORRUPTION

• SFC - DOESN'T FIX
    • RSTRUI - DOESN'T FIX
    • CHKDSK - DOESN'T FIX

This outbreak since the November Tuesday Microsoft Patches update. I'm believing that the problem was a bad update in one or more KB.

Even I at this time can't even open my file folder either - can't fix or inform anyone else who is having the same problem:

The error I am seeing in all of them are popping up with this:

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

THERE IS NO ERROR CODE!

CURRENTLY OUT OF OPTIONS - Because there's 2 things I can see ... I can still open files using another version of Windows but using W10P - no can do - THE FILES ITSELF ARE FINE!

"Vujà Dé - The feeling you've never been in here before"

• Edited by HEAD STORMS Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:49 PM
    Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:48 PM

All replies

• I also want to confirm I have also been running other scans.  The HDD and SDD from all these devices (including mine) do not have any disc corruption.  Due to the fact all of these devices - all have same issues, pinpoints that this is actually a false reading!  I am unable to find what KB would actually had triggered this.

1) I am finding too many of the same thing which just happened "out of no where" - which I agree. There's something that was overlooked that enabled this issue to pop up.

2) I decided to attempt this - try the EXHDD which I know is fully functional - if it is INDEED the Win KB that at some point popped up recently - it would impact this too:

SURE ENOUGH - IT DID! (If this helps anyone to narrow down the search).

I HAVE 5 HUGE EXHDD - I can't get into either ONE (free standing).

For the life of me - SOMEONE - WHERE'S THAT KB - I WANT TO UNINSTALL IT IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE OR WHICH IS ACTUALLY TRIGGERING / CREATING FALSE READINGS!

"Vujà Dé - The feeling you've never been in here before"

Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:02 PM