none
Same internal/external domain name, used IIS redirect, works for HTTP but doesn't work for HTTPS?? RRS feed

• Question

• As the title says, I inherited a domain with same internal/external domain name.  To solve the issue of internal people not being able to reach the external site, I added a "www" pointer in internal DNS, and set up IIS on the domain controllers (2 of them, small domain) and added HTTP redirect to the external site.

Everything was working great, until I had to install the SSL certificate.  Still can reach the sites fine outside the domain using HTTPS, but if you try to do it from inside the domain using HTTPS the page comes up sort of, that is, none of the images load and just some very basic text comes up.  I'm assuming the images and other files from the site are just not loading for some reason.

Does anyone know why this might be?  And what I can do to fix it?  (other than renaming the domain or starting over from scratch lol)

• Edited by zfrawg Monday, January 16, 2017 4:32 AM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Zfrawg,

>>but if you try to do it from inside the domain using HTTPS the page comes up sort of, that is, none of the images load and just some very basic text comes up.

According to your description, issue is related with IIS, you could post it to IIS forums to get effect support.

The link below is about IIS forums for your reference:

https://forums.iis.net/

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by zfrawg Friday, January 27, 2017 1:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Zfrawg,

>>but if you try to do it from inside the domain using HTTPS the page comes up sort of, that is, none of the images load and just some very basic text comes up.

According to your description, issue is related with IIS, you could post it to IIS forums to get effect support.

The link below is about IIS forums for your reference:

https://forums.iis.net/

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by zfrawg Friday, January 27, 2017 1:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:20 AM
  • Thanks, I will do so!
    Friday, January 27, 2017 1:10 AM