none
I have Microsoft Shared Toolkit Version 1.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I work for a public library with 30 or so public-use computers.  I have Microsoft Shared Toolkit Version 1.0 and I have an issue where the user profiles are being disabled, seemingly spontaniously, within computer management utility.  when I go into turn the user profile back on, the description says SCTDisabled.  All user profiles except Administrator seem to be affected, even the .NET profile.  This happens sporadically and not every computer with the toolkit does it.

Any help, suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated.

dlh
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Dlh,

Please understand that this forum mainly focus on SteadyState related issues. The previous versions are not supported.

Based on my experience, when Shared Computer Toolkit’s Windows Disk Protection (WDP) downloads and installs critical updates, it will log off the active user, restart the computer to clear disk changes, and temporarily disable local user accounts to prevent unapproved disk changes from being saved at the same time. Thus, I suspect the problem is related to WDP and update. You can perform the following steps to check this issue.

1. Check if all updates have been installed properly.

2. Turn off and turn on WDP to check the result.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, I suggest that you post to the Shared Computer Toolkit public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.sharedaccess

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is that you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other customers who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Friday, September 14, 2007 9:39 AM
  • thanks very much for the much needed info.  I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.  I can understand what is happening now and have some idea of how to fix it.

dlh

Friday, October 5, 2007 6:20 PM
  •  

Thanks very much for the input and for your help.  I just checked the site your recommended and saw a couple of posts about MS Shared Tool Kit that were about a month old and no one had answered the posts.  Is there any other resource available or should I just post my question and hope for the best.

dlh

Friday, October 5, 2007 6:30 PM
  • You can send an email to me at v-shshao@microsoft.com. I will send a copy of Shared Computer Toolkit to you.

Monday, October 8, 2007 2:07 AM