none
SharePoint List Error :[DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occurred while processing this request.) RRS feed

• Question

• When I connect to the SharePoint site that contains the lists I need to build my query from , Power Query enumerates the list and displays them in the tool. I can click on the system tables and view the records but any table in the list I created returns this  error.

I can connect fine with InfoPath

[DataSource.Error] SharePoint:   Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server   Error. (An error occurred while processing this request.)

thank you for your help

Andrew

Friday, October 31, 2014 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Andrew. In order for us diagnose this issue, you'll need to capture some network traces using a tool such as Fiddler and share them by sending a Frown.

To capture a trace using Fiddler, start Fiddler, enable the Tools > Fiddler Options > HTTPS > Decrypt HTTPS traffic option, start the capture, reproduce your issue, then stop and save the capture. You can find more information here.

Once you've done that, please send a Frown through the Power Query ribbon and attach the traces.

Thanks,

Ehren

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:47 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Andrew,

Can you click the Send a frown button in PowerQuery ribbon when this error happens please :)?

Thanks,

Hadeel

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew. In order for us diagnose this issue, you'll need to capture some network traces using a tool such as Fiddler and share them by sending a Frown.

To capture a trace using Fiddler, start Fiddler, enable the Tools > Fiddler Options > HTTPS > Decrypt HTTPS traffic option, start the capture, reproduce your issue, then stop and save the capture. You can find more information here.

Once you've done that, please send a Frown through the Power Query ribbon and attach the traces.

Thanks,

Ehren

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:47 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Andrew,

Can you click the Send a frown button in PowerQuery ribbon when this error happens please :)?

Thanks,

Hadeel

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:48 PM
  • thanks so much.. it stopped happening and the data loads fine now..

APH

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:19 PM