Skype meeting web app keeps crashing RRS feed

• Question

• We are having issues where the Skype Meeting Web App will crash any browser used and below I copy/pasted the details of the error message that comes up in Chrome and IE11 (Firefox has similar error that Chrome generates).    I work for a place that has close to 2000 machines and used System Center to create images for them.    This message isn't specific to a type of machine (mix of 3 or 4 models of HP's and Dells all with different processors but all Intel I3 or higher) or OS (Win7 32 and 64bit) however the last PC image we made the problem seems to be resolved, also PC's that were built manually don't have this issue either, so problem is obviously something that's in our last couple of PC images but I am running into a wall as to what that could be.   I've taken a "bad" machine and updated Windows, IE and Office to the same patch level and still have issue.    As a side note all PC's have Office2013 and Skype4B 2015 and sometimes having the user use the full version of Skype for the meeting works about half the time, the other half full Skype just won't load when you click on the link to the webinar, no errors, just doesn't come up.   My goal in this post is to see if anybody has seen this or similar issue with Skype WebApp add-on and has any ideas for a quicker resolution then re-imaging the PC.

If using Chrome we get this message: Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    Skype Meetings App.exe
      Application Version:    16.2.0.242
      Application Timestamp:    5b0398cb
      Fault Module Name:    RPCRT4.dll
      Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.24117
      Fault Module Timestamp:    5add1d8e
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    00027ce1
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    827c
      Additional Information 2:    827cb1e89696ce9febd0aa8b1a9ea7a1
      Additional Information 3:    c66b
      Additional Information 4:    c66b3fd597872a2a70ddbbc6ce5aa24a

If using Internet Explorer we get similar message:

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    iexplore.exe
      Application Version:    11.0.9600.19003
      Application Timestamp:    5adc24ba
      Fault Module Name:    RPCRT4.dll
      Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.24117
      Fault Module Timestamp:    5add1d8e
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    00027ce1
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    8e94
      Additional Information 2:    8e9430b48b5c5b447ceed4be381d9990
      Additional Information 3:    a493
      Additional Information 4:    a4933665c28307f2119b2eb30330ebed

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hi jmeilstrup,

If you use the latest OS ,this issue was missing.please check these OS’s version.update your older OS to the latest version ,if  the issue was still existed.

You also could use the clean boot to eliminate software conflicts

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:00 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  The OS versions on the working and non-working images are the same, "Win7 Enterprise 6.1.7601 sp1 Build 7601".   Also preforming a clean-boot didn't help, even uninstalling the Skype Meeting App and reinstalling it while in clean-boot mode didn't change the outcome either. 
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:56 PM
  • Hi jmeilstrup,

When SFB web app crash, this PC connect to the wireless network  or a point-to-point protocol (PPP) adapter?

The connection-specific DNS suffix of the wireless network adapter exceeds 31 characters. 

Driver-defined description of the wireless network adapter exceeds 63 characters.

If you have the above issue,please check SFB server’s version,if you SFB server’s version is prior to         June 2015 cumulative update 6.0.9319.55 for Skype for Business Server 2015 ,you will have this issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 29, 2018 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, July 6, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Sorry for the delay.

This happens on both wired and wireless networks but the majority of users are wired with a mix of static and dhcp IP's

Our connection-specific DNS suffix is only 7 characters long.

I have yet to verify if the Skype server has the mention patch.  We are a just a small part of a larger corporation, while we have some autonomy locally on PC setups and servers for local apps, the email/skype is controlled by corporate.   I've been told by them that we're the only facility that is having this issue so I'm running on the assumption that the server side of things are up to date and set correctly. 

Friday, July 6, 2018 12:06 PM
  • Anything? I'm having the exact error mentioned above. It's only happening in one domain, but on all 1400 devices regardless of stripped down Blocked inheritance OU, or User OU. Regardless if I use IE, or Chrome. Whether I use Skype for Busniness Web app or Lync 2013. They all crash.

It's happneing on Windows 7 and Windows 10 all Archs. The base image wim thats used across several domains only has this issue after joined to one of our domains.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:37 PM