New occurrence of "Loading Operating System..." message on boot RRS feed

• Question

• A few months back, I was having problems with a hard drive and decided that perhaps I had a virus or root-kit or something that MSE wasn't finding. So rather than spend months trying to isolate the problem, I decided to buy a new hard drive and start from scratch. THIS time I was going to be super dilligent about everything that went on it. (How many times have I said that? millions, I am sure)

So with the new hard drive installed, I loaded Win7 64 Ultimate and my apps (starting with MSE) and everything was going along great. My computer was running fast and I couldn't be more pleased.

But just the other day, for the first time since I installed my new hard drive, I get the message "Loading Operating System..." at boot, right after POST.

It reminds me of the message I used to get with Acronis' boot loader. This, is the real reason I installed the new drive in the first place.

I was wondering if it is a standard Windows 7 boot message that just started appearing or if perhaps I have somehow contracted a virus that rewrote my drive headers or something. I know it sounds superstitious, but suddenly my PC is slow and I get messages all the time that say things like: Sorry, that file is open in another process...when nothing is running and I try to copy/delete a document. 

Before the boot message appeared, I never had problems with files/apps being busy or locked. Plus, I can't help but wonder if this is part of the reason behind my other post regarding messed up search results.

Please let me know if I have lost my mind completely or if this is a known issue. I tried searching for the message and after about 30 pages of people having boot loading problems, I gave up. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jase

Saturday, September 10, 2011 11:00 PM

Answers

• Sorry for asking a very basic question, but you didn't happen to leave a bootable CD in the drive, did you?

-Noel

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, September 16, 2011 2:53 AM
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:03 PM
  • Hi Jase,

This issue may occur if your computer BIOS does not correctly manage or support the capacity of the hard disk on which you are installing Windows.

Please first check if the Hard drive is detected by BIOS and the BIOS setup to boot off the correct hard drive. 

Also, please install the latest version for BIOS.

If the issue persists, please boot from the windows 7 DVD to test.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:14 AM

All replies

• Sorry for asking a very basic question, but you didn't happen to leave a bootable CD in the drive, did you?

-Noel

Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:03 PM
  • Hi Jase,

This issue may occur if your computer BIOS does not correctly manage or support the capacity of the hard disk on which you are installing Windows.

Please first check if the Hard drive is detected by BIOS and the BIOS setup to boot off the correct hard drive. 

Also, please install the latest version for BIOS.

If the issue persists, please boot from the windows 7 DVD to test.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:14 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of further assistance. 

Regards,

Sabrina

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:21 AM