Oracle Forms 6i Right to Left Date Format on Windows 7 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

We have applications were developed using Oracle Forms 6i for Arabic enviroment. They are working fine on Windows XP and display the date in Right to left format

But when we upgraded our OS to Windows 7 x86, the format of the date is reversed, it displays the date from left to right

Any solution for this problem?

Ashraf Khalil

Sunday, June 10, 2012 6:48 AM

All replies

• This is a situation you must contact Oracle to ask about.  It most likely is caused by the Oracle Forms program and only Oracle would be able to provide a solution.

According to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center Oracle Forms 6i is not compatible with Windows 7:  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=Oracle%20Forms&os=32-bit 

You need to upgrade to Oracle Forms 10.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:48 PM
  • Thanks Rick

Date issue in Forms 6i is similar to VB6 right to left date problem on Windows 7.

Microsoft released a hotfix for VB6 (KB979643)

Also, Microsoft Dynamics AX has the same issue with windows 7, and it solved by a hotfix.

So, I thought that this issue is known, and it related mainly to the OS not to the development tools.

By the way, I tried to install KB979643 into Win 7 x86 entrprise. it shows me the error message "This update is not applicable to your computer".

Does the date display issue relate to OS? if yes, then it should be fixed by Windows.

Any Help, Please.

Monday, June 11, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

The Hotfix KB979643 has been included in Windows 7 Service Pack 1. If your system has installed SP1, this hotfix cannot be installed one more time.

In addition, KB979643 is the hotfix for VB6 not Forms6i. You may need to contact Oracle Support to get the more solid suggestions.

https://support.oracle.com/

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:53 AM