Windows latency issues 2-3 days after reboot. Sound/mouse/PC very Choppy - tcpip.sys ndis.sys NETIO.SYS RRS feed

• Question

• Alright, so I've tried what feels like everything. First off, I am troubleshooting for WINDOWS 7.

After I reboot, the computer functions relatively fine. Great latency, no choppyness, no matter what I do. About two to three days later, it gets incredibly bad. Specifically when browsing the internet using any browser. The audio becomes terribly choppy as the mouse lags across the screen. Running LatencyMon, I see tcpip.sys is always at the top. This issue only seems to happen the most when internet activity usage is high. Also, ndis.sys is always up there too, as well as NETIO.SYS

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!! I run a small web server from this PC, so this is quite critical for me. It never used to happen until I recently began getting Pool_corruption blue screens, later to be discovered they were caused by my GIGABYTE motherboards utility driver files, which I took care of.

I haven't really made any changes to my PC, besides several driver updates in attempt to resolve this. I have since updated my BIOS to the latest version. I even tried using Auslogics Boost Speed to improve the TCP settings based on on my 50mbps internet speed. Nothing clears the lag, but a reboot, which is temporary. I used to run this PC for up to two weeks before I rebooted, no issues.

Driver Execution Time Screenshot:

http://gyazo.com/7adc868ee2b76dee4ef5c19ad19ce088

LatencyMon log below:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CONCLUSION
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:16:52  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Computer name:                                        ThisIsAComputerName
    OS version:                                           Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 (x64)
    Hardware:                                             Z87X-UD4H, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z87X-UD4H-CF
    CPU:                                                  GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Logical processors:                                   8
    Processor groups:                                     1
    RAM:                                                  16324 MB total

CPU SPEED
    Reported CPU speed:                                   3491.0 MHz
    Measured CPU speed:                                   3868.0 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
    The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   81947.411914
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   8.685069

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       71439.589036
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       3.104919

REPORTED ISRs
    Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              147.623890
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.100862
    Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.146654

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   2354800
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
    ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0
    ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
    ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
    ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
    DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              4384.048124
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       ndis.sys - NDIS 6.20 driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.031341
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.52 , NVIDIA Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.201231

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   7333801
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                423
    DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              433
    DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              7
    DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
    Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 avastsvc.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       1535
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          344
    Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs):          77184.982813
    Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%):              0.063944
    Number of processes hit:                              21

PER CPU DATA
    CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       45.681687
    CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                147.623890
    CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   11.875990
    CPU 0 ISR count:                                      2354800
    CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                4384.048124
    CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   13.495186
    CPU 0 DPC count:                                      6501345
    CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       16.680073
    CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
    CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
    CPU 1 ISR count:                                      0
    CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                3350.307935
    CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.426748
    CPU 1 DPC count:                                      107359
    CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       17.093312
    CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
    CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
    CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0
    CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1974.991693
    CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.441413
    CPU 2 DPC count:                                      122078
    CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       17.086010
    CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
    CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
    CPU 3 ISR count:                                      0
    CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                2766.876540
    CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.269897
    CPU 3 DPC count:                                      65999
    CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       8.237525
    CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
    CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
    CPU 4 ISR count:                                      0
    CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1918.52220
    CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.618606
    CPU 4 DPC count:                                      220533
    CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       8.578453
    CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
    CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
    CPU 5 ISR count:                                      0
    CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1899.919794
    CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.206159
    CPU 5 DPC count:                                      56896
    CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       11.541397
    CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
    CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
    CPU 6 ISR count:                                      0
    CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1861.963334
    CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.358036
    CPU 6 DPC count:                                      108505
    CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       12.079986
    CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
    CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
    CPU 7 ISR count:                                      0
    CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1797.655113
    CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.479542
    CPU 7 DPC count:                                      151950

Monday, March 23, 2015 10:10 AM

Answers

• HOLY COW I SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not a ram issue, driver issue, updates issue, or anything.

I was juuuust about to power it down and pull out the ram when I decided to pay closer attention to my HDD activity using the resource monitor. I had Avast Antivirus disabled for a month now during troubleshooting. But I noticed it was still writing a cache file in my C drive.

C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\lscache.dat

The software had been closed, the service had been stopped, but it was still doing this....

Sooo I uninstalled Avast Completely. Keep in mind before I did this, my latency issues were so bad my mouse would barely move smoothly at all. After it uninstalled (without a reboot even) 100000% of the latency issues stopped.

No other changes were made before the uninstall.

Finally, I am free. Thank Goddd

• Marked as answer by JohnnyDowe Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:35 AM
    Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:35 AM

All replies

• JD

In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in this wiki
    If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, March 23, 2015 12:56 PM
  • Thank you, I will definitely do this!!

It seems to require a reboot in windows 7, so I may not be back with the results for about 2-3 days, as it takes about this long for the issue to start up again once the computer has been rebooted (so the results may be inaccurate).

I'll return then, with the results.

In the mean time, is there any specific profiles I should be expected to run or not run for this test? Currently I have all checked but "VirtualAlloc usage", "XAML activity", "Internet Explorer (i do not use this)" and "UTC Scenarios".
    • Edited by JohnnyDowe Monday, March 23, 2015 7:56 PM Added profile selection bit at bottom
    Monday, March 23, 2015 7:54 PM
  • Hi John,

There is no any other profile for this test. Just follow Zigzag's WIKI instruction. We would keep focus on your thread.

I suspect it caused by your BIOS update since you mentioned the issue not appear before. You should be very careful when updating your BIOS!

Furthermore, I suggest you disable Auslogics Boost Speed and update all your drivers, like audio driver, network adapter driver for test to see if the issue gone.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:46 AM
  • Hello and thank you for the reply!

While I am waiting for the issue to start up again, I'd just like to cover some things you mentioned in your post. :)

I only updated the bios because I was originally experiencing these issues. It was a method to hopefully resolve them, which did not work. I was very careful, and the process was a success. I updated to the most recent recommended driver for my motherboard from the manufacturers.

As for Auslogics Boost Speed, it is not running on my computer, as it is a piece of software I only have used to clean junk files (cache/temp) for a very long time now with no issue. I have also tried updating all of my drivers with success, however that did not solve the issue either. I even rolled back my network card driver just in case with no luck.

I have not thought of disabling my audio driver yet, being how it effects far more than just my audio when it happens. My mouse is jittery/laggy as well when no sound is playing. But other tests have shown that it may be a network issue. Next time it happens I'll temporary disable my network drivers to see if that causes the issue to clear up.

I will be sure to mark answers which help appropriately. Thanks again! I should return with the information requested from Zigzag's wiki within 2 days of on-time, when this happens again. 

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Okay, I have ran the tool a day earlier than expected, but the issues were starting to come up very noticeably. The file turned out to be 5GB, so I compressed it down to 500MB in a zip. I guess the debug file it makes is inflated with 0's or something. lol

<LINK REMOVED - ISSUE SOLVED>

Hope that link works. I ran the tool for 1 minute as the wiki instructed, and triggered the error by opening several new tabs in chrome. 

Also, I tried disabling my network cards and various pieces of software during it's happening without success. The issue is always still there through the laggy sounds of the audio. I hope that traces file will help!

• Edited by JohnnyDowe Sunday, May 31, 2015 9:24 AM I do not wish for this file to be accessible any longer
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:24 AM
  • JohnnyD

There are three very obvious and related causes.  WPA shows that Skype is the cause of the User interface delay

Second.  You have 64 Chrome processes using almost 30% of the cpu.

Third you have at least 4 active malware apps (Avast, MSE, MBAM, and NIS) this is never a good idea and often results in this type of issue

Finally you have 174 active processes.  That is the most I have seen in a long, long time

Need to get a handle on this runaway train.

Other processes running include foobar, networx, Garmin, nplastpass, trillian, memclean, filezilla server, peerblock, Team viewer, ducservice.exe, httpd, presentation font cache, etc, etc.  (got tired of looking)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Proposed as answer by XP ROCKS Friday, April 3, 2015 12:54 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:37 PM
  • I've tried closing all of these while the issue was happening with no luck, in the past. This has never been an issue before though, and after I reboot I can have all of these open without the slightest lag. I run a PC with 16GB Ram, a 256GB SSD, an Intel i7 4770K CPU and so on.

I noticed skype took lots of resources, so I closed it. No luck. Same with chrome and everything else. In this case, most of those active processes was caused from the tabs open I had from Chrome. This was to trigger the lagging for the report as it only triggers when a tab is opened or interacted with. I figured the more I had for the test, the more it would be choppy and the easier it would be to tell which driver was causing the issues.

As for the malaware apps, that is correct. I have Avast, MSE and Malawarebytes running. This also has never been an issue before. Once again, once the lag starts, closing these has no effect.

After a reboot, everything is fine. 2-3+ days later, everything gets choppy. And the ram isn't even being used more than usual when it happens, either! Couldn't there be another cause? Because this didn't always used to happen, so something I feel is broke.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:27 PM
  • JohnnyDowe

This is because the computer is for long time usage. It created too much cache file temporary file etc. In fact, there's nothing to make such a fuss about. You may need to cleanup the disk.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-7

Monday, March 30, 2015 8:24 AM
  • I wish I could say I haven't already tried this. I have a reliable ram/cpu free-er I used to use for over a year without an issue. My computer never has behaved this way until just recently. It now only lasts 3 days before becoming choppy when before it used to last more than two weeks before I eventually needed to reboot due to updates or something inconvenient.

I know this is not a normal issue at *all*. I just can't seem to locate the source. When it happens, my CPU usage is low and my ram is what it always has idled at. I have 16GBs and with the server I have running and what not else (chrome, etc) It idles at about 8GBs, which is completely normal for this set up. Never has lagged before, even when it got far higher.

I'll post updates if I notice any differences in my continued troubleshooting. Also, after 3 days, I can close *all* software, clear the ram/files/cpu etc and what do you know. The issue continues when chrome is reopened. Yet for clarification, after a fresh reboot, it *completely* stops for another 2-3 days. So yes, sounds like some kind of leak issue, but the silly thing is, the resources don't seem any different. I'm wondering if it is corruption some where.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:27 AM
  • Hi John,

According to your description, please uninstall the chrome to check the result. And from your uploaded log, the application you launched so much.

I would like to suggest you perform an clean boot to keep 2-3 days to see if the issue would occur again.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If it cannot occur again, the culprit is your third-party programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Thank you, this is something I have not yet tried. I will be sure to try this as soon as possible and will report back within 3-5 days with the results. Thanks for the Clean-Boot guide! Now lets hope this is the problem, because 3rd party software, I can replace.
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

Ok, we would keep focus on this thread. If any update, just reply here.

• Edited by Karen Hu Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:30 AM update
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:30 AM
  • Hi John,

According to your description, please uninstall the chrome to check the result. And from your uploaded log, the application you launched so much.

I would like to suggest you perform an clean boot to keep 2-3 days to see if the issue would occur again.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If it cannot occur again, the culprit is your third-party programs.

I'd just like to point out that the clean boot and chrome reinstall did not work. Two and a half days in (as normally it does) it starts being choppy again.
    Sunday, April 5, 2015 10:01 AM
  • This problem continues.

I no longer know where to turn. It feels solvable but so far has not been proved to be solvable. 

This is not a case where it would be simple to reformat, so that is not an option right now.

Just in quick, the behavior of the computer behaves the same in all tests. After a fresh reboot, it acts 100% fine. After 2-3 days, it becomes very choppy when interacting with the web browser, no matter how many tabs are open. 1, or 20. Same results upon loading a page or opening/selecting a new tab. The computer used to be able to handle weeks with this exact same behavior without an issue, so it is clueless to me why it is happening now.

Are there any other ways I can solve or troubleshoot this?

• Edited by JohnnyDowe Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:05 AM added screenshot of latency
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:04 AM
  • Update:

Out of frustration, I have rolled back 58 drivers to their previous states before the issue began (updated originally in attempt to clear a "Pool_corruption" BSoD issue, which was later found resolved by uninstalling a piece of software for my GIGABYTE motherboard).

After the drivers were rolled back, the PC was rebooted. The issues are still continuing with the previously known working drivers. Siiiighhhhhh. ):

Once again as a refresher, this happens mostly while using any web browser. Reloading/navigating open tabs (no matter how many or how few) results in very choppy audio and overall PC performance briefly.

Saturday, April 18, 2015 10:30 AM
  • Update: A few more photos from LatencyMon. Everything points to an internet related problem, but I am puzzled. In the two screenshots it shows tcpip.sys is really lagging. The mouse/sound is very choppy during times, mostly when interacting with the internet in some way (mostly through a browser). Very stumped!

Please, anything helps.

Monday, April 20, 2015 8:27 AM
  • Still having issues.

Problem persists.

I've rolled back and re updated my drivers, no luck for either.

I've reset my TCIP settings. No luck.

I've done just about everything you can imagine with no luck.

Latency tools always point to TCIP, and indeed web browsers or ANYTHING consuming internet traffic causes the issues.

Where the hell is Microsoft's support? It's been clean over a month now and I have nothing more to go on.

In chrome, or any browser, I can have one tab open, or 20. Same dang results.
    • Edited by JohnnyDowe Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:18 AM Added last line.
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:16 AM
  • I'd like some support, please.

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:46 AM
  • I would like some support, please.
    Saturday, May 9, 2015 8:25 AM
  • I would like some support, please.

Going to start uninstalling windows updates, since this started happening after I gave in and installed a few that were pending. Windows updates are the tool of the devil some times.

Tried reinstalling my network driver, chrome, all these things and nothing has fixed the issue yet.

Monday, May 11, 2015 8:28 PM
  • Starting to uninstall every dang update since March, because that's when this issue started happening.

Updates will follow.

Also,

I would like some support, please.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:18 PM
  • As far as I can see, uninstalling updates would be what I would be doing right now, that is if a complete format and reinstall is out of the question.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:04 PM
  • As far as I can see, uninstalling updates would be what I would be doing right now, that is if a complete format and reinstall is out of the question.
    Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I have been uninstalling them. So far the first wave of uninstalling has not worked. I went ahead and uninstalled every windows update that was not a security patch clear back to March, when this started happening.

Will keep the thread posted. I just rebooted last night, so no problems yet, but I'll know for sure within 24 hours if the issue is still there, because it always acts up by then. If so, I'll proceed with uninstalling the security updates as well, unfortunately. It's just part of the troubleshooting process, since I've tried just about everything else without luck.
    Friday, May 15, 2015 10:05 PM
  • Update:

I've installed every single update besides security updates that date back to March 2015. No luck, the computer still lags worse than a dead horse dragging behind.

I will begin uninstalling the security updates as further troubleshooting, until absolutely no windows update from March 2015 and forward exists.

This is NUTS.

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:19 AM
  • Day number 81 since the incident began.

On my last 7 or so updates since March.

Latency issue continues.

Support is no where to be found.

I don't think I have much time left.

The days are dark.

Will people ever find my S O S?

I am losing hope.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 8:36 PM
  • Have we given the thought that this may be a hardware issue?
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 12:33 PM
  • Have we given the thought that this may be a hardware issue?

I have given it lots of thought.

I have ran software to check the health of my hard drives (via S.M.A.R.T.) as well as my CPU and Ram. All pass.

Though if it were a hardware issue, then why does the issue consistently get terrible after 2-3 days, but the clears up 100% right after a normal reboot? I know ram clears when the system is restarted, but of my 16GBs, I normally only use half (multitasking) and this has never been a problem before, even when I used far more.

I have a memory cleaner app for troubleshooting as well, which has no effect on the latency issues.

Latency monitoring software keeps showing that tcpip.sys has the longest latency with up to 3 seconds hang time, more or less.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:29 AM

• Though if it were a hardware issue, then why does the issue consistently get terrible after 2-3 days, but the clears up 100% right after a normal reboot?

As you stated, RAM clears on reboot which is why this sounds like a physical RAM issue, I wouldn't trust software 100% when it comes to hardware error detection. My guess is that if RAM is bad, the chances of it being more than one stick would be unlikely. If you're running 2 8gb sticks, take one out and see if you can get the issue to occur, if you do then swap the sticks and try again, if you're running 4 sticks; take out two and cycle through all of them.

At least this way we can eliminate RAM as the cause.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:03 PM
  • As you stated, RAM clears on reboot which is why this sounds like a physical RAM issue, I wouldn't trust software 100% when it comes to hardware error detection. My guess is that if RAM is bad, the chances of it being more than one stick would be unlikely. If you're running 2 8gb sticks, take one out and see if you can get the issue to occur, if you do then swap the sticks and try again, if you're running 4 sticks; take out two and cycle through all of them.

This was indeed going to be my next level of troubleshooting if these updates things failed. And so far, it seems like they are indeed going to fail. I have one day since my last reboot, so I'll wait another to see if the issues return.

If they do not, yay! Uninstalling every single update since the issue started worked, if not, then out goes the two sticks of ram, cycled one at a time 8GBx2. Lets hope that's not the issue, even though at the same time I hope it is, so I can get it over with.

These ram sticks I have purchased are expensive!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:28 PM
  • If it is the RAM, I hope they are still under warranty. I'll be looking for your update.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:47 PM
  • If it is the RAM, I hope they are still under warranty. I'll be looking for your update.

Awesome :)

Since I am also running a light web server on this PC (with every bit of efforts I can, at this point, to avoid high hosting fees for such low traffic personal sites) I am unable to preform this until after dark when what little traffic I do have, stops down.

I will be certain to get back here as soon as I begin the test, and as soon as the issue begins, or ends. This will be within the duration of a week from this post.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:13 PM
  • HOLY COW I SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not a ram issue, driver issue, updates issue, or anything.

I was juuuust about to power it down and pull out the ram when I decided to pay closer attention to my HDD activity using the resource monitor. I had Avast Antivirus disabled for a month now during troubleshooting. But I noticed it was still writing a cache file in my C drive.

C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\lscache.dat

The software had been closed, the service had been stopped, but it was still doing this....

Sooo I uninstalled Avast Completely. Keep in mind before I did this, my latency issues were so bad my mouse would barely move smoothly at all. After it uninstalled (without a reboot even) 100000% of the latency issues stopped.

No other changes were made before the uninstall.

Finally, I am free. Thank Goddd

• Marked as answer by JohnnyDowe Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:35 AM
    Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:35 AM
  • Glad you solved it!
    Monday, June 1, 2015 12:03 PM