Specific User gets an error RRS feed

• Question

• Moved SP 2010  to new domain - done the move-spuser and all works exept 1 users can't access - he gets an error with correlation ID 

If I look in the ULS log on this Correlations ID:

Failed to open the file c:\programfiles\........template\features\......\Resources\Resources.xx-xx.resx 

Failed to open the language resource for xxxxxxx-xxxxx keyfile ressource 

and a request time out are shown last... 

If I look in the 14 hive on the old and new server - I don't see any 'Resource' folder at that path? 

I've installed the language pack - and all other users can access the site without errors - so why this one? 

Tried to remove the user from the hidden user list - still same error - how to I remove the user completely from SP ? 

• Edited by JmATK Wednesday, July 25, 2018 7:08 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can complete delete the user from SharePoint site collection using user information list.

But it will delete the user from all the groups and will loose the access to all sites.

if you want to add the user back to site you have to manually assign the permissions to user in each group

to access user information list

http://www.risingskyline.com/2016/04/06/how-to-manage-sharepoint-2013-user-information-list/

Karim... Please remember to mark your question as answered, if this solves your problem.

• Proposed as answer by Ethan Liu MS Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

How are you today? Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide on this issue?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Ethan Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:19 AM
  • Hi Ethan

It's not fully answered :) 

Friday, July 27, 2018 10:35 AM