none
How do I link a Task to a Deliverable? RRS feed

Answers

• Finally,

Navigating to your project site (accessible from PWA), you can go and see your deliverables list:

Reporting (Excel Services, SSRS) can easily be made across all deliverables of an organization.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Zack,

First be aware that you need project pro for deliverables feature. Then you need to create a SharePoint site when you first publish your project to project server (since the deliverables list of the SharePoint site will be used). 

Finally, go to the task ribbon ("insert" group)and select "manage deliverables" on the selected task.

Hope ghis helps.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:22 AM
  • Thank you Guillaume.  Forgive my inexperience with Office 365 and SharePoint...

I believe I have created a SharePoint site properly. However, when I go to the Task ribbon, the "Insert" button is disabled.

At this point, I am willing to pay someone to get on a conference call/screen share with me to help me configure my Office 365 and SharePoint site, and ensure I configure this Project correctly.  Can you do this for me for a fee, or is there some company that will do this?

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:34 PM
  • Hi Zack,

Unfortunately I'm going on paternity leave tonight, so I'm not the right guy! But many highly skilled colleagues are helping users on this forum so you'll find a helpful hand here.

First you have to ensure that the SharePoint site has been created from your project in Project Server. The first time you published you project plan, you should have this dialog box:

Thus you'll know that your project site has been created, associated with your project plan.

Then in the project plan (you should obviously be connected to project server from MS Project Pro), select a task and click on "create a deliverable":

to be continued...

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:42 PM
  • Then you'll see an icon appearing in the indicator column for the select task. In addition to this, in the gantt chart, a specific vizualisation is also displayed, showing the deliverable attached to the milestone.

Note that you can move your milestone and it will not move the deliverables.

You have to come back to the deliverable menu in the task tab of the ribbon, and synchronize the deliverable on the task.

to be continued

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:47 PM
  • Finally,

Navigating to your project site (accessible from PWA), you can go and see your deliverables list:

Reporting (Excel Services, SSRS) can easily be made across all deliverables of an organization.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:50 PM