Voice Route problem RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We've encountered some strange voice route problem for Skype for Business Server 2015 CU6 (2017-12 update)
    We have 3 FE servers.

For simulation I've changed some of the rules:

We've defined a dial plan to ^(5\d{3})$ to +8522345$1, so that it will capture all 5xxx extensions to full +85223455xxx
    We've set our internal users LineURI to +85223455xxx, while there is another PBX system that host the same range of numbers.
    We'd need to make a direct SIP Trunk to that system. (TCP 5060, no encryption)

We set gw1 and gw2 for normal local calls to +852xxx to +852xxxxxxxx
    We set another gw3 for the direct SIP Trunk to the PBX system

Our Route is like below
    order 1: pattern to match ^(\+85223455123), to gw3
    order 2: pattern to match ^\+852\d{3,8}, to gw1 & gw2

We ran test case in the Control panel, and confirm that when we dial 5123, it will use the Route1.
    However in real world function test, we found that it always use the 2nd route and go to gw1 & gw2?? :(

I found that there is OPTIONS message send from our FE servers to the PBX system, and they have response.
    Is that it may somehow SfB Server still think the gateway is down so it doesn't do the route? Can I do anything to check?

Many thanks!

Vincent

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

Based on your description, firstly please check  Listening port for IP/PSTN gateway in the SFB topology builder.

I do not know which kinds of PSTN gateways that you used ,but I deploy the PSTN gateways, open the PSTN gateways control panel, check the Protocol type(it is must same with SIP Transport Protocol  in your SFB topology builder) and the local TCP port is 5060 (it is must same with listening port for IP/PSTN gateway).

When you add the PSTN gateway to topology ,after publish the topology ,you must run “step2 :Setup or Remove Skype for business server Components ”the in the SFB deployment wizard

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 21, 2018 3:03 AM
  • Dear Leon,

Thanks, I am sure the ports are ok.

"after publish the topology ,you must run “step2 :Setup or Remove Skype for business server Components"
    Do you mean besides publish, we still need to run the setup to actually put the gateway in production? Its so strange that after we publish, it is already sending SIP OPTION messages.

I should give more information that the remote PBX can make calls to SfB server using that SIP Trunk, just SfB does not route to it via this SIP trunk.

Will there be any interruption to the system if we run the setup for each FrontEnd server?

Vincent

Monday, May 21, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Dear Leon,

I tried to run Enable-CsComputer -whatif -verbose and it reports "No changes were made to the Central Management Store", checked from the html log file and it report it does not do anything also.

I think a setup seems will not solve the our problem...

Vincent

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:11 AM
  • Run enable-cstopology 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/enable-cstopology?view=skype-ps

it does the similar as step 2.

it will only update your published topology.. and you can check the logs too

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:32 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 2:27 AM
  • Dear Leon,

I've done that already, however it still not work.

This is customer's production system. I found some clue about the issue

There are 3 gateways defined: gw1, gw2, pabx1

In general most routes at bottom I added gw1 and gw2 as destination

The route that does not work is the top route and I defined it go to pabx1, but it still go to gw1 and gw2

Later I add a 2nd route that with empty gateway, it still go to gw1 and gw2! This is strange!

When I simulate the same thing in our lab system (create a 2nd route with empty gateway), there is no problem! It will reply error message for the client and our lab system only has gw1

From the forum I found quite a few user having similar issue that the route does not work. Sometimes people can fix by create an additional PSTNUsage. However I tried and it doesn't work. Is this a bug in Skype for Business Server?

Vincent

Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:43 PM