none
Is there any difference in between IE11 and IE6-8 while doing POST method in form action? RRS feed

• Question

• In my working place, an upgrade of IE11 from IE6 is performed recently for security consideration. However, one of the internal web application performance become inconsistent with logon process. As a support of this internal system, I am responsible to figure out what's going on.

Let me basically introduce what this system is relying on. The system using two tomcat 6 server. One is using JASIG CAS portal logon service server. Then this portal server will connect to other tomcat server which run the app.

The logon process is occasionally fail, sometime logons success but sometimes fail. Once it fails, we need to wait til it timeout for resume the process to normal. 

I am wondering there are any some strange character is passed by the IE11 user agent through POST method when submit of the form. When time of using IE6, this failure of logon service is never happen. Somehow it is tested with IE8 later, this failure also does exist. 

As I am not allowed to modify the source anyway, what can I do in this situation?

P.S. compatible mode is tested, but not use.

If anyone can give some clue, thank you very much

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:41 AM