UAC turns off automatically RRS feed

• Question

• I setup Windows 10 and then joined it to my domain, then I quickly realized that the start button and search bar didn't work because the UAC was turned off. I turned it on restarted and then I could use the system but as soon as I restarted again UAC turned off again.

Thanks Matt Coweta IT Dept. Computer Technician/SharePoint Admin

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:49 PM

All replies

• On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:49:43 +0000, mh00d wrote:

I setup Windows 10 and then joined it to my domain, then I quickly realized that the start button and search bar didn't work because the UAC was turned off. I turned it on restarted and then I could use the system but as soon as I restarted again UAC turned off again.

Check with your domain admin to see if they have any Group Policy that
    disables UAC.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." -- H. G. Wells

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 6:48 PM
  • We do not have a GPO that controls the UAC.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 6:56 PM
  • In other words, RSOP.msc shows no GPO settings for computer object and gpedit.msc shows no changes to LGPO and so does gpresult /z, correct?

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:33 PM
  • Sorry, I haven't replied. No we do not have a GPO on our domain to turn off the UAC. If I turn on the UAC it says I need to restart so I do and UAC works but if I shutdown and then turn back on UAC is off again.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:06 PM
  • It's not that I'm paranoid but I'd use UAC Controller Tool to see UAC settings/status info and scan the system for malware as there are known cases with malware forcibly turning UAC off.

Are you experiencing something that looks similar to this: UAC being turned off once a day on Windows 7?

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:02 PM
  • Count your blessings.

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:32 PM