none
Exporting emails to .pst file from outlook

Question

• Hi guys

I'm trying to export large numbers of emails to a .pst file so I can save on my computer (windows 10). Ive already tried searching for instructions online. However even outlook's own help instructions havnt been able to help because of the version of outlook i have. the instructions all start with "go on the ribbon and select "file". however in my version of outlook there is no ribbon and no "file" option. im not sure which version of outlook i have though i believe its the 2016 or 2013 version. i checked in the help section to try to confirm this but i found no "about" section. my email address ends in @hotmail and they updated to an outlook layout, dont know if this bit helps.

Sunday, March 12, 2017 8:46 PM

All replies

• the instructions all start with "go on the ribbon and select "file". however in my version of outlook there is no ribbon and no "file" option.

EVERY version of Outlook has a <File> option on what would be considered the <menu> bar which would then lead you to select the appropriate import/export options. Of course this also presumes that you're using the Outlook (desktop) client and not accessing your email account via your browser (webmail) in which case, it would have nothing to do with this forum

Since you say you don't have a "ribbon" - that means your version of Outlook is '2007 or earlier

OL'2007

If you're accessing your account via your browser - question should be posed in the Outlook.com forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:42 AM
  • I assume, above given suggestion should help you to work around your situation.

In case if you wish to automate the process, Lepide exchange recovery manager can also help you to get this job done in hassle-free manner.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Hello,

Have you got any opportunity to try the suggestion of our MVP Karl? Please don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:29 AM