OUTLOOK 2016 FOR MAC - INBOX FOLDERS ARE LOCKED RRS feed

• Question

• I am using my GMail via IMAP and I recently updated my Office 365 suite.  Now I cannot do anything other than select the inbox folders. 

I cannot add folders, delete them or even edit their names.  I also am unable to drag messaged from my inbox to move them into the folders.  I now can only control/click on messages to use the drop down menu to move them.   

I can still click on and see what is in each folder, but it seems like a lot of the functionality has been lost and I have no way of editing or reorganizing the folders through Outlook and must now do it through Gmail.  

Any idea how to fix this back to the way it used to work?  Thank you in advance.   Joel

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, January 21, 2019 2:45 AM
    Friday, January 18, 2019 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Joel,

How do you edit or organize folders? Do these buttons become grey out? You can share the steps here so that we can do more research.

In Outlook 2016 for Mac, we can click Home tab > New Items button and then choose “Folder at This Level” or “Folder” to add folders. Besides, we cannot rename Inbox.

>>I also am unable to drag messaged from my inbox to move them into the folders.  I now can only control/click on messages to use the drop down menu to move them.  

If you right click the message, can you use the Move option to move messages? Does issue only occur when you drag and drop?

We can create a new profile to test the result.

Besides, what’s the detailed version of Outlook for Mac? Please upgrade Office to the newest version to see if it helps.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, January 21, 2019 2:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:07 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 2:44 AM
  • Hi Joel,

Can you create folders in Outlook for Mac now?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:02 AM