none
Project getting stuck in waiting to be processed state? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

i am facing one  issue,there is one particular project in server which is neither getting publish,neither getting save,neither i can check in that project,it always get enter in waiting to be processed state

if any one has any idea ,plz lemme know,any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Anuj,

Try restarting Project Server  queue service and SharePoint Timer service.

Try resaving password for Project Server application pool.

Make sure that server time on all the servers in the farm including Database server is exactly matching with each other.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Hi Anuj,

You can also restart SQL services once after restating Project server Queue services. It will give you better performance.

you can also check if project is baseline. some time if project owner use base line then delete base line and publish the project then orphaned baseline in project may creates this kind of issues.

If project is base line please let me know.

Hope this helps...

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Friday, May 3, 2013 6:06 AM
    Friday, May 3, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Anuj,

I don't agree with Kirtesh's recommended of restarting SQL services after Project queue service.

This will create errors from Application server and could cause more serious issues. If you have to restart the databases server it has to be done in proper sequence. Similarly while booting up.

Are you facing this issue with specific project plans or any activity in the queue is not processing.?

Open Registry editor and Locate following patch and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

ServicesPipeTimeout=60000

Also here is the another thread which might help

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/thread/153d483d-4ee7-4abd-94ba-c48459dd27d7

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 3, 2013 4:07 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for correcting my words . Yes, you are right Database server services restart has to be done in proper sequence not after the Project server queue service.

@ Anuj also check for orphaned baseline if any is available.

kirtesh

Friday, May 3, 2013 6:33 PM