Software updates - Automatic Deployment Rules error 0X87D20415 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I don't know if this belongs here or not but I'm going for it.

I'm trying to set a automatic deployment rule for the following updates:

But I keep getting this error:

Now I'm wondering what is the maximum number of updates for a rule?

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:59 PM

Answers

• 1000 is the new hard limit for CM12.  You can just use multiple deployments instead with fewer patches in them.

Microsoft MVP - SCCM

• Marked as answer by FreyrGauti Friday, May 18, 2012 2:23 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 4:40 PM

All replies

• 1000 is the new hard limit for CM12.  You can just use multiple deployments instead with fewer patches in them.

Microsoft MVP - SCCM

• Marked as answer by FreyrGauti Friday, May 18, 2012 2:23 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Add a period (like last 1 month) otherwise you download all released updates for all products. As Mr. Mason is saying, there is i hardcoded limit for each update group.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Friday, April 27, 2012 5:18 PM
  • Ok, but how is that supposed to work when I'm setting up a new computer, lets say it's running XP and I can only deploy updates from the last month, or the last 1000 updates?

I don't see how this is supposed to be a good alternative to manage updates versus WSUS with group policies. Not if you have to create a rule for every product your running in your enviroment.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Like Kent said, use the "Date released" option.
    For the first time, just let the Client report to SCCM which updates he need, and deploy those updates manually. After this, create your Automatic Deployment rule with the "Date released" option.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:05 PM
  • And you might want use an additional filter: "Required>=1". Then ConfigMgr doesn't need to get all those updates that have been already deployed to all of your computers.

Panu

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:25 PM
  • I have an Automatic Deployment Rule for Office 2010 Updates and I have it filtered down to 34 updates but there are 764 folders in the package source folder for the deployment package.  Does the limit apply to the updates or the folders in the package source folder?

Thanks,

mniccum

Monday, August 13, 2012 9:49 PM
  • No, it's not the number of folders.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by mniccum Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:19 PM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:14 AM