none
DPM 2010 Future Proof? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - thanks for taking a second to read over my questions.

I am currently using DPM 2010 and was wondering how future proof it is. Does anyone know if it will support Windows Server 8 and the next major release of Exchange Server? I have read that SQL 2012 is supported by DPM 2010 so hopefully that is a good sign. While I'm not opposed to DPM 2012, we're in no position to upgrade at the moment, so we'll probably see a couple Windows 8 Servers come along before that kind of switch.

• Edited by John85 Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:23 PM Grammar :)
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM 2010 will not support protecting Windows 8 - in fact DPM 2012 does not currently support protecting Windows 8 either.  We will be adding support for protecting Windows 8 in DPM 2012 Sp1 to be released around the same time as Windows 8 launches.  I do not know of any plans for DPM 2010 to ever support protecting Windows 8.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:26 AM

All replies