how to disable option "Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk" windows 7 enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I do not wish to have this option available to my users
    How to turn this off?
    I read that this was not possible on windows 7 Enterprise

Thanks !

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:56 AM

Answers

• Someone could explain the mechanism " "Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk" will be unavailable when your computer has joined one domain.?

Client FIm is present on my computer . is it faulty  ?

Hi,

This is by default and I don't find any mechanism about this, as we all know, if your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password.

Regarding to the Client FIm, seems it is related to Forefront Identity Manager, while I'm not familiar with the product, it's recommended to ask members in the FIM forum

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=ilm2&sort=relevancedesc&brandIgnore=True&searchTerm=+CLIENTS+fim

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yolanda Zhu Monday, June 1, 2015 1:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, June 8, 2015 7:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, June 8, 2015 9:38 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 1:45 AM

All replies

• Hi!

This is not possible by design, don't ask me why, but unfortunately it's not possible to remove that feature.

Best regards

Andreas Molin 

Andreas Molin | Site: www.guidestomicrosoft.com | Twitter: andreas_molin

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:37 AM
  • hi

Thank for your reply

one question ? 

Why in my Virtual Machine , i have not this option and in my physical computer , this option is present ?  Windows enterpris was installed on

Mikael

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Is you computer connected to a domain? If your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password and the "Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk" will be unavailable.

Here's a snapshot of my Windows 7 Enterprise which is connected to a domain

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:58 AM
  • hi

The computers are connected on domain W2008. Windows enterprise  is installed.

Someone could explain the mechanism " "Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk" will be unavailable when your computer has joined one domain.?

Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:25 AM
  • Someone could explain the mechanism " "Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk" will be unavailable when your computer has joined one domain.?

Hi,

This is by default and I don't find any mechanism about this, as we all know, if your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password.

Regarding to the Client FIm, seems it is related to Forefront Identity Manager, while I'm not familiar with the product, it's recommended to ask members in the FIM forum

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=ilm2&sort=relevancedesc&brandIgnore=True&searchTerm=+CLIENTS+fim

Regards

• Edited by Yolanda Zhu Monday, June 1, 2015 1:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, June 8, 2015 9:38 AM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 1:45 AM