windows vista home premium will not boot(hardware failure) RRS feed

• Question

• hi here is my issue

i went to go turn on my windows vista today and it gave me an error saying that an hardware failure has occured so here is what i did

i went to recovery mode and i made a backup so that it booted(recovery file on the system). so i went to make sure everything was properly installed. i headed to Device Manager and found out that my USb CF adapter was corrupted in the regestry so i did some resedarch in the forums and found how to fix that, so i did as instructed. ok i shutdown the system safely and normaly off of the recovery file.

botting up normal now, after the instalizeing when you turn it on it just repeated, just went right back to the a hardware failuse has occured and windows cannot boot.

i went back to the recovery file and the regestry and device manager said that nothing was wrong? any help?

Thanks

Saturday, August 7, 2010 12:31 AM

All replies

• if there is any questions about viruses i also did this.

i used tuneup utilities to do maintance and disc doctor and it fixxed everything,defragmented and scanned.

no more regestry errors, then i use Microsoft Security essentials and MalwareBytes Anti malware REGESTERED and they both detected no virus

microsoft security essentials: Full Scan

Malware Bytes Anti Malware: flash scan

now what?

Saturday, August 7, 2010 12:35 AM