Counting items in Outlook Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• My boss has asked me if there is a way to count items in a public shared calendar.  We want to baiscally count each employess day off entries entered into the Public Calendar.

Any ideas how we can achive this? I assume it need to be done through some exchanges query?

Thanks!

Dave Santel
    Monday, August 29, 2011 3:12 PM

Answers

• There is a way, but it's probably not feasible.  You'd need to write a script to go through all the entries and tabulate the results.  That should be doable with Outlook VBA, but it will require someone who knows how to write code and spend the time learning Outlook VBA or use the methods and properties with some other language.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:14 PM

All replies

• There is a way, but it's probably not feasible.  You'd need to write a script to go through all the entries and tabulate the results.  That should be doable with Outlook VBA, but it will require someone who knows how to write code and spend the time learning Outlook VBA or use the methods and properties with some other language.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Ed. Please update.

Thanks

Sophia Xu
    • Proposed as answer by David Santel Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:14 PM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:08 AM