offline update(Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps Security) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

i have excel 2013 installed on couple of servers and these servers are not connected to internet. our VA tool has detected the below vulnerability(Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps Security Update June 2020) how do i download the offline update and install on these servers. Experts guide me on this

Friday, July 17, 2020 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What kind of installation technology did you use for Office? MSI or Click-to-Run?

Go to File | Account (Office Account in Outlook) then look at the About … section at bottom right. After the build number it should say either ‘Click-to-Run’ or nothing.
    Click-to-Run or CtR

MSI

If there’s nothing after the Build number, it’s an MSI install.

It should say ‘MSI’ since that’s the term Microsoft itself uses to describe this type of install!

In my opinion, your servers cannot connect to internet, you should use MSI installation technology. For MSI installation technology you can access this web and install the latest updates for Office 2013:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/office-updates-msi

Download the updates from web and share this updates package for each servers.

If my understanding is incorrect, please provide more information about your problem and I'm glad to help you.

This “Office 2016, Office 2019, and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro Discussions” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

"Office" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, July 20, 2020 7:31 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

"Office" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:27 AM